Please help a newbie - Intex Prism set up - outer band too tight?

Indigo1613

Jul 13, 2020
Brussels
Hi all,
So I'm trying to set up this 10' diameter Intex Prism pool, but no matter what I do, the band seems too tight around the outside. I've checked that all the poles are inserted correctly with the band around the outside of them, and that it's level. I get 9 of the 10 legs perfectly vertical....and then I get to the last one and it looks like this. If I straighten it, it messes up somewhere else. Can anyone help me? I've bought the pool for my 8 year old's birthday and it will be a disaster if I can't get it sorted. Please help this stressed mummy!
Thanks in advance
x

Attachments

• IMG_7133.JPG
    IMG_7133.JPG
    522.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Just fill it and once there's a few inches of water, adjust the legs. They are going to move regardless as the pool fills up. You should also put the legs on some kind of pavers or atleast a 1/2" plywood cut to an appropriate size like 4x6" or so otherwise they will sink into the ground.

Just fill it and once there's a few inches of water, adjust the legs. They are going to move regardless as the pool fills up. You should also put the legs on some kind of pavers or atleast a 1/2" plywood cut to an appropriate size like 4x6" or so otherwise they will sink into the ground.

Thanks for replying Lomag. I'm just worried because on the videos I've found online the strap seems quite loose during assembly. I don't want to risk filling it with a load of water and then having to waste it all. The instructions don't mention putting the legs on platforms of concrete or wood. Isn't there a risk that these might rub on the plastic liner and cause some damage?

Thanks for replying Lomag. I'm just worried because on the videos I've found online the strap seems quite loose during assembly. I don't want to risk filling it with a load of water and then having to waste it all. The instructions don't mention putting the legs on platforms of concrete or wood. Isn't there a risk that these might rub on the plastic liner and cause some damage?
Hi! So I’m no expert, far far from it. I’m actually researching my own first pool set up but in that research I have came across warnings that concrete pavers can damage your liner. Especially in colder areas with harsh winters. Apparently the ground will push them up during the frost and they can damage the liner at that point. Unsure of the wood. It also seems to be the consensus that concrete will sometimes crumble under the weight of the water when filled. Wood seems to be highly recommended instead. It needs to be cut down to a smaller but still adequate size for weight distribution. Use the search function for the forum and you should be able to find the exact size. I am not planning to use concrete blocks now based on my research but to each his own. Good luck! It’s quite an undertaking isn’t it!?!

Last edited:
Indio
You really need to walk around the pool and constantly babysit those legs with a level. I used a small magnetic level. Is it fills those legs are going to shift around alot and constantly need to be reset into position until you have alot of water in pool. I had the intex prism 16x48 and they continued to move until I had 2 feet of water or more.

Yep, walk in a circle around the pool as it is filling, straightening the legs as you go. You will hit a point when they stop moving, when the pool has enough water in it to hold them in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.