(CH) = 5
(PH) = <6.8
(FC) = 6 ppm
(CC) = 1.5 ppm
(TC) = 7.5 ppm
(TA) = 0 ppm
(CYA) = 65 ppm
(CH) = did not test

I added a 1lbs. bag of power "shock" and 3 chlorine tablets to the skimmer basket about 2 hours before the test. Had the pump running since then. Only the floor had algae until I vacuumed and brushed it. Water was very clear before that and is still clear in the shallow end. Let me know what you think the next step should be. Thank you!!

OK Thanks for the info.
I think it was the TA test that turned pink right away so it indicated 0 TA?
According to the pool calcs, just to make sure I am using it correctly, do I need to add approx 18 lbs of regular baking soda to raise PH?

OK Cool I think I am getting a hang of it, great resources on this website.

The thing I am still not understanding is how do I know TA should be adjusted first. Since the chemicals compliment eachother, I still dont know the order of everything. So it's helpful knowing to start with TA

OK So I added baking soda and my TA is coming up. Making sure I do it a couple lbs at a time so I know what to expect. I remember having to do this when starting the pool last year...I remember the pool store selling me soda ash in a big tub. RIPOFF

As far as the SLAM part, looks like I will need to add 3 gallons of bleach to raise the FC from 6 to about 25. Does that sounds correct? And from there I just have to add bleach to maintain 24 FC (as long as I meet CC and OCLT)? I am just making sure the "SHOCK FC" level is what is being maintained or is the "target FC" after you hit the shock FC first?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.