Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2021
Longview, Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I am curious if anyone has a plaster finish (or PebbleTec or StonceScape etc) that they are 100% happy with after 2+ years. My pool was completed July 2021, midnight blue plaster. By the end of the summer it had faded a lot. The tanning shelf and benches faded the most, like almost white. Those areas faded so much that it almost looks like it was meant to be that way and I no longer even hate it. I did a ton of research and know all about the pitfalls of a poor plaster job etc. All the reading I did has me questioning if there's even the possibility of a vibrant blue plaster job actually staying that color long term. My pool is still beautiful and if you didn't know it was a very nice midnight blue in July you wouldn't know any different. I'm already considering my next finish option but was curious if I'm chasing a unicorn

Attachments

• faded plaster.jpg
    faded plaster.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 14
  • new plaster.jpg
    new plaster.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 14
If you have not read about the difference between organic and inorganic pigments in plaster then you should read this...

Read the plaster installation links in this wiki for tips on how to get a quality plaster finish...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6XSBChamps
Just to add, if you have photos of the tanning shelf when it was completed and now that would be helpful for anyone seeing this thread in the future.

:cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.