plaster on new pool has hills

thodges0818

Sep 10, 2019
Conroe, Texas
We had a new pool installed in June of 2019 and the plaster job was terrible. There were stains, white marks in the plaster. In addition, there are large hills and valleys on the pool sides and bottom. While we understand plaster is hand troweled and not perfect, our pool has imperfections above what is considered normal. One month later in July 2019, the pool was drained and acid washed. This removed most, but not all of the staining and white marks but did nothing to the large hill and valleys that are so deep the brush gets stuck when brushing the pool. In addition, since the refill of the pool after the acid wash, we have added 10 gallons of muriatic acid and the alkalinity and Ph continue to climb. I have text and emailed the pool builder about my concerns to have the hills and valleys looked at and requested an explanation of why so much acid is required. So far, there has been no response about the high acid demand and over a month ago we requested they inspect our poor plaster job and no one has showed up as of this date. My next course of action is to write to corporate and then have my pool re-plastered and take them to court if necessary.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I'm sorry to hear you're not pleased with your new pool. We hate to hear of problems....but glad you found Trouble Free Pools and will try to help you in any way we can.

Did the builder explain to you that new plaster often requires a lot of muriatic acid to control the curing plaster's pH? It will be like that for a few months up to a year.

What chemicals are you adding to your pool routinely? How are you chlorinating? How are you testing?

Maddie :flower:

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

Please post a complete set of tests. If you have high TA it will add to the acid demand from new plaster.

What size is your pool? Please put details of your pool in your signature.