Jan 3, 2019
Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Members,

Summer has ended and my first experience owning a pool has been bittersweet. I think I finally got my water chemicals somewhat balanced but I am noticing a deteriorating plaster week after week. I am leaving a link to my pool's history for this Summer, looking for some comments and recommendations. I am thinking of doing some re-plaster work before next pool season but I am wondering whether I am doing anything wrong. Pictures attached. BTW, the pool is 15 years old and as far as I know, was never replastered.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 34
Post a complete set of your current test results:

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water Temp

Your water chemistry looks fine. You just have old plaster that is showing its age.

Your water chemistry looks fine. You just have old plaster that is showing its age.

Hi Allen, thanks for the comments. Is it "normal" to see a rather quick deterioration within 6 months? Also, do you know if it is adviceable to do a replaster during fall/winter or is it better winter/spring? There isn't much of a Fall or Spring seasons around here to be honest, temps went from 90s to 60s within two days, and I expect to move from the 60s to 90s in April/May next year...

Hi Allen, thanks for the comments. Is it "normal" to see a rather quick deterioration within 6 months?

I can't see what you consider quick deterioration to judge.

Also, do you know if it is adviceable to do a replaster during fall/winter or is it better winter/spring? There isn't much of a Fall or Spring seasons around here to be honest, temps went from 90s to 60s within two days, and I expect to move from the 60s to 90s in April/May next year...

I don't know Texas climate. As long as the temperature is between 50 and 90 it is good weather to plaster. We have lots of Texas members who would know better then me.

You might want to read...

Reactions: Fpppool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.