Plaster Calcium Hardness Level?

There is really no unacceptable maximum CH in a pool. It just makes management a bit more difficult. There are many on the forum that maintain plaster pools at much higher CH levels than 550 ppm. Also, if you have high CH fill water, you will be replacing water much too often if you go by those guidelines. You are better off just maintaining CSI in the acceptable range and when it gets too difficult to do so, then replace some water.

Previous posts and the wiki say 250-350ppm for a plaster pool without SWG. The new pool school recommendations are 350-550ppm, which is a huge difference. Which level is correct, or why did the recommendation go up so much?

Can you also point me towards the WIKI article as I'd like to update it................

Can you also point me towards the WIKI article as I'd like to update it................
About 1/2 way down the page
"Keeping the CH around the minimum recommended value, ~ 200ppm" and "A plaster pool without a SWG should have CH levels between 250ppm and 350ppm if possible. With a SWG, CH should be kept between 350ppm to 450ppm."

Reactions: Leebo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.