Plaster and water were done last weekend

chezdude

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2012
Hillsborough, NC
First post and trying to get the hang of all this stuff.

I'm in the same situation. Plaster and water were done last weekend, so I'm trying to deal with the "first 4 weeks" issue of not being able to run my SWG but yet still keeping the pool able to be swam in. We just don't have the Houston sun to help warm it up. Just getting up to swim temp today (78 and climbing). We had a leak issue the first weekend (they forgot to cap an outlet in the skimmer...3300 gal lost) and then it rained 2 days this week.

Anyway, my builder said not to add any CYA to the pool. Is that just a difference of a chlorinator versus a SWG?

I'm having a dickens of a time keeping FC in my pool, but that's obviously due to no CYA and no SWG. So I'm going to get a feeder and trichlor tablets for the first few weeks (plus still adding shock).

Just put two trichlor tablets in the skimmer(s) and leave the pump running 24/7 and you will take care of both chlorine and CYA additions and be gentle on the plaster with hardly any effort on your part.

You don't want to add significant levels of CYA while the plaster is curing, but you can add it slowly, as the trichlor will do. This has nothing to do with the SWG, just a fresh plaster thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.