Planning on Changing Pool Filter, the Pentair Quad DE filter (question on valve selection).

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So i know the Pentair Quad DE needs a specific type of valve, but does one exist (that works), which allows me to drain some pool water without having to backwash the DE filter itself (from what I have read, some people complain about the Pentair Quad DE filter and that the grids blow out if you backwash the filter).

So does a valve exist that works with the Pentair Quad DE that allows me to just dump pool water vs backwashing (and also does backwashing on this specific filter work?).

It looks like it.
  • Compatible with valves: 261173 (1.5' MPV), 263079 (2" PVC Slide Valve), 261049 (2" HiFlow Valve no plumbing), 261050 (2" HiFlow w/plumbing), 261055 (2" MPV), 263064 (Push Pull Valve, 7.5" Center)

That page is interesting. Says you can backwash, or clean in place, or take out and clean like a cartridge. The MPV will have a waste setting, which takes water in from the pump and sends it out the waste line, completely bypassing the filter. But if you want to keep it simple, when you're plumbing it in, just install a tee between the pump and the filter somewhere and screw a hose bib into it. Connect a garden hose and direct the water wherever you want.

Just what I am looking for. I have to replace the old pull valve diverter I have with the original filter regardless so i will be plumbing one in to it regardless. Thank you again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.