Planning a new pool and backyard build, Phoenix, AZ

Looks awesome. If you plan on doing the Italian Cypress in the background of the rendering (which I think look great) make sure you get healthy ones. I put 5 just like the rendering behind my Baja shelf and they were all great for about 2 years. The had a gentle slope in height from the middle being the tallest to shorter towards the outside. Then 2 of them died and I had to replace them with shorter ones - messed up the whole look!

48c903edc22822f7d46750486dd9a771.jpg

This was done few weeks i stopped to do research on companies to finish it off. Possibly restarting next week.

With this huge step done it is time for your set of links. I put them together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info but it will all start to sink in when you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

PoolMath

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

It is also time for you to start thinking about getting your test kit. Look in my siggy below for the one I think is the best bang for the buck.

I hope you are able to find someone to do the finish work soon!

Kim:kim:

Sorry for the lack if updates. But it has been a very busy winter with yard work and a baby. I can tell you it has been the most stressful thing i have even done to do my pool and backyard. I ran into great people to work with and ran into people that cost me lot of money in damage and huge amount of stress. It is done now (other than the Pergola sideplates)
My start up person was a straight forward i don’t know what i am doing and i am here to rip you off. I am still left with an intellisense PH monitor and acid dispenser that he had no idea how to install.
If anybody recommends a start up person that knows how to do the intellisense please PM me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know and accept the statistics from the realtors, but for the 50% who secretly or openly want a pool, they'd surely pay for that beauty. You've added a lot of value there mate and you get to play in it!!! Well done :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.