Piping fittings

jbb2388

May 8, 2017
Avon, CT
Plan on asking my installer to take out the frog system today and he may or may not balk at the additional pipe work as his plumbing guy likely won't be back to the site. Looking at Home Depot today in case I have to do the work, I could not find any of the o-ring fittings for my system as shown below. Is this specialty stuff? Thanks for any help.

ckk81

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2015
Kalamazoo MI
Plan on asking my installer to take out the frog system today and he may or may not balk at the additional pipe work as his plumbing guy likely won't be back to the site. Looking at Home Depot today in case I have to do the work, I could not find any of the o-ring fittings for my system as shown below. Is this specialty stuff? Thanks for any help.

Those are unions. As long as you can find a match plumbing in a straight piece of pipe will be a cinch.

foobert

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Usually the fittings have some sort of branding molded into them. If you can determine that, it shouldn't too hard to find that manufacturer and then find an online seller.

Hard to tell from the picture, but, is that a threaded fitting into the chemical doser? if so, unthread the glued portion of the union and fit in a pipe with the 1 1/2" female threads on each end.

kevreh

In The Industry
Jun 2, 2007
Annandale, VA
Have him ask the plumbing guy where he buys his stuff. Then you can buy two more unions and connect with a straight piece of pipe. Should be an easy ask. Most plumbing companies use the same shops.