Socal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi I am new to the forum, I just wanted to get your insight and opinions on which variable speed pump to get for my pool. I am currently using a single motor speed pump 2.2HP. However I like to take a advantage of the savings on my electricity bill with the VS pump. I have a local store that carries the Advantage 1.5 HP, 2.7 HP, and 3.0HP VS pool pumps. I was also thinking of just replacing the motor with new seals and impeller with the VGreen 2.7HP from inyopool. I am not familiar with any of the brands, however I did see great reviews for the VGreen. But if anyone has used them before please let me know what your experience was. I also wanted to know what rpm should I start with and is it true that I should run the VS pump 24/7? I have around 18k gallon pool and the pumps/filter are about 20 feet away from the pool. I attached a picture.5D5C877B-4074-4102-A226-BCF2337E26E3.jpeg

Attachments

• D5743370-E5E0-4163-B803-76F9706B5F06.jpeg
    D5743370-E5E0-4163-B803-76F9706B5F06.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 6
  • D06B44D1-A354-4E9B-96D0-733243EA5B6A.jpeg
    D06B44D1-A354-4E9B-96D0-733243EA5B6A.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to TFP :)

If your pump now is working fine then I would grab a V Green in a heartbeat, I did it with the 1.65.. Works great and no issues what so ever..

You do not have to run 24/7 but some do for 10 dollars a month (depends on rpm)..

Start with running your VS motor at 800 rpm, does it skim your pool like you want? Do you have a SWG? Heater? Turn the RPM up to whatever the system needs and when it turns on add 200 rpms and that is your rpm

I hope this helps :)

Hi thank you for your response. It is working fine, would you suggest I change the impeller going from 2.2hp to 1.65hp? I do have a heater and my swg stopped working a few years ago (motherboard resistor I think is the issue) so it’s just chlorine tabs now. I have a Hayward goldine. I also have a water feature with a separate pump for it. How long should I run it for at those rpm sorry I am newb at this, not sure today what to look for when it skims.

It would help us to make a possible redommendation if we knew a bit more about your pool. Fill out your signature with your pool and pool equipmemt specifics, including model numbers and what testkit you are using. See mine and Caseys signature as examples.

Use of chlorine tablets is not a sustainable way to chlorinate your pool as your stabilizer (CYA) levels will continue to increase with continued tab usage.

It would help us to make a possible redommendation if we knew a bit more about your pool. Fill out your signature with your pool and pool equipmemt specifics, including model numbers and what testkit you are using. See mine and Caseys signature as examples.

Use of chlorine tablets is not a sustainable way to chlorinate your pool as your stabilizer (CYA) levels will continue to increase with continued tab usage.
Sorry I just added it. Let me know if it is visible I can’t see it on my end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.