pHree & Clear... has anyone used this product

jen088

May 13, 2012
I am VERY new to pools and trying to find the easiest way to maintain my pool. I have a 12x36 above ground pool I will be setting up in the next couple of weeks. I have the test kit and floater for chlorine tabs and heard there was an easier way to maintain the pH. I googled and found the product pHree & Clear. Does this keep the pH balanced? My questions may seem silly to you folks who have had pools for so long, so I want to thank you for your guidance ahead of time. I really had NO idea what I was getting myself into when I decided to purchase a pool, and I am trying to make sure I don't totally mess it up before I even get to use it!

The short answer is, not really. It's 90% Sodium Bicarbonate & 10% Sodium Carbonate. In other words, it's baking soda. You can get a 12 lb pack of that for about $8 at Wally-World.

You're way better off doing good testing, and adjusting things yourself instead of relying on some magic bullet that's not likely to work anyway.

If you're looking for the easiest way to maintain your pool you should think about the Intex swcg. It's about as easy as it gets. You still have to test and adjust if it needs it, but it's much more convenient.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.