Phosphate, TA, pH and CA High

sbhuta

Apr 24, 2018
Phoenix/AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello All,

I got my pool test done at the local store and the numbers seems off and I am reading all over the web and getting mixed answers. Hoping to get a better solution here. The numbers below:

1. TA : 170
2. CA : 100
3. pH : 8.0
4. Phosphates : 1000

Thank you for all your help.

sb,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your Pool Store testing questions... :shark:

It is kind of like doing a simple math problem, but you only have half of the numbers you need to find the answer...

We need all the numbers as they can interact with one another... Like this...

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Notice no where did you see anything related to "Phosphates"... that is because they do not matter... except to the pool store guy trying to sell you some Magical potion to remove them...

I suggest you read our pool school and then come over from the dark side of pool store testing and spending.... See this link first.. Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

And then this one.. Pool School - Recommended Levels

The key to the TFP pool care process is testing your own pool water with either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.. (And yes, the 'C' is important...)

Take a read and let us know what questions you have..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.