nalley

Aug 24, 2021
Carmel Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Anyone have experience with this product? Knocks out phosphates LIke no other !!! 1700 to 300 In one treatment and same for my friends pool too.
My QUESTION is right after I used it the next day my combined chlorine is at 2.68. Before I used it was at .06.
Some say chlorine is just eating up dead phosphates and just keep vac to waste and backwashing for next few days??????
Any thoughts ???????
Thanks
AD558DE6-0502-4750-BD9B-45854533E07F.png

Phosphate control isn't typically necessary, but in those situations when it is, the Orenda brand is one of the better ones to use. As to your questions about its effects on other chemistry, I'll ask @JoyfulNoise for some help.

Reactions: proavia
How are you measuring the FC and CC? Those numbers tell me you are likely using a digital tester that uses optical colorimetry to measure the FC/CC values. I believe those reading you are seeing are likely false due to the cloudiness that phosphate removers can cause.

The PR chemistry is very simple and there is no interaction with chlorine and so no reason for the CC's to go up. If you had any algae in your water, or suspected you had any algae, then you should always SLAM the pool first, get rid of the algae, balance the chemistry after the SLAM is complete and ONLY THEN consider using a phosphate treatment. Many pool stores advise customers to use phosphate removers when there is algae in the water and that is simply the wrong approach. PR's do not kill algae, they simply make it harder for algae to take over. Using any PR during an algae bloom is a waste of money as the algae itself is a living organism and full of phosphate compounds. So killing the algae and adding PR only wastes the PR as it will get quickly consumed.

Anyway, the shortest and most likely answer is usually the simplest one - your measurements of CCs are incorrect somehow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.