pH

ald2002

Silver Supporter
Sep 10, 2020
Fort Mill, SC
Hi there - My pH is high - new pool owner. Bad storms. Pebblesheen was applied 2.5 weeks ago. First time adding muratic acid myself. How much do I add? No directions on the jug. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7BBE971D-C934-4AD1-8995-E714F62195DF.jpeg
    7BBE971D-C934-4AD1-8995-E714F62195DF.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Ald, have you discovered PoolMath yet?? Either the app on your phone (make sure its the TFP app) or the old classic web page version found at the bottom of this page.

Open it up, input your gallons and then your current pH and your desired pH. The app or web version will tell you how much MA it takes.

A newly plastered pool's pH will rise often as the cement is curing. That's expected.

When using MA I pre-position my pool brush next to the return I'm using. THen I very slowly add the MA in front of the moving water return, and immediately brush well all around to help mix it up and keep any lingering MA off the pool's surface directly.

Maddie :flower:

ald2002

Silver Supporter
Sep 10, 2020
Fort Mill, SC
Ald, have you discovered PoolMath yet?? Either the app on your phone (make sure its the TFP app) or the old classic web page version found at the bottom of this page.

Open it up, input your gallons and then your current pH and your desired pH. The app or web version will tell you how much MA it takes.

A newly plastered pool's pH will rise often as the cement is curing. That's expected.

When using MA I pre-position my pool brush next to the return I'm using. THen I very slowly add the MA in front of the moving water return, and immediately brush well all around to help mix it up and keep any lingering MA off the pool's surface directly.

Maddie :flower:
Thanks! Pool Math. How did I forget!!!

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
You need to input your current TA into Poolmath to get a proper volume of acid needed to lower the pH.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.