Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well. I’m finally at around 60 ppm on borate. Maybe a touch more. The last 20 pounds via mule team and acid. I’ve added the suggested amount of acid that both my pool calculators say. That ph ain’t gonna budge. It’s 7.8. I got two gallons of acid left and I ain’t quitting without a fight. The pool however feels fantastic. It’s like slippery water. When I air dry I’m not feeling dried out. I don’t know if that is a by product of borates or not. It feels like the kind of softened water I hate showering in but for the pool, awesome sauce. It really does kinda shimmer. I tried to upload a video but I can’t so.

7.6. It was fine. My pool is stable. This is why I hate using mule team/acid instead of boric acid. I lowered my ph and ta before I went to 60 ppm from 40 ppm. So the raise is slight but aggravating to get down. I’ll get it done but you definitely can’t assume the pool math will be successful every time. I knew I would end up doubling the acid so I bought extra. Once I get it back down, it ain’t going no where. I like the borates and I got no regrets. What I am going to wait on is my chlorine to drop back down a bit. I forgot I added it so it might be spiking my ph right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.