pH Under 7 After Clean Up

Calcium Hardness is 240
CYA is around 40

I believe we *should* be ok once we get the pH straightened out (minus the excess copper in the water that we will get rid of with the November drain) but if I'm missing anything let me know. I really appreciate all the help.

OK, the pH should climb over the next 10 days to about 7.8.

I would just allow the pH to settle where it wants without pushing it.

As long as the CSI is not over 0.0, I would not lower the pH at all.

Are you heating the pool?

What is the current temperature?

It looks like the CSI will go over 0.0 when the pH reaches 7.6. We had been told to keep the pH at 7.2-7.4 for the first 30 days with the new interior.

We are not heating the pool and don't plan to use the spa until the new interior has had 30 days since start up. The water temperature is currently 87 degrees.

We also plan to hold off on adding salt/using our SWG until spring since we plan to drain, acid wash and refill in two months and by then the water will be too cold for the SWG.

We had been told to keep the pH at 7.2-7.4 for the first 30 days with the new interior.
I would focus more on the CSI than the pH.

If the CSI is going to go over 0.0, just lower the pH enough to keep the CSI at about -0.1 or -0.2.

The TA will self balance, so you don't have to worry about that.

For example, if the pH gets to 7.7 or 7.8, lower it to 7.5 or 7.6 and the TA will also come down.

So, the new TA might be 80 and the pH can go a little bit higher before you lower it.

Then, you add more acid and the new TA will be 70 and the pH can be a little bit higher again.

I would expect that the final balance will be a TA of about 60 and a pH of about 7.7 to 7.8.

1630622023479.png

Reactions: tippakayak
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.