PH too low

Test your TA and let us know what that is. What test kit are you using??

Those tabs are Trichlor which is extremely acidic. Continued use without carefully watching TA & pH can cause a pH crash.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh no! Should I be using something else for chlorine? I have the Taylor K-2006 kit. I am at work, but will test the TA as soon as I get home.
You need to test CYA while you are at it, those tabs are also almost half CYA/Stabilizer.

Read thru these:

I rarely tell someone to make a purchase of pool chemicals before test results, but it might be worth picking up some baking soda on your way home.

Unless your pH reading was false then you will likely be shocked at your TA reading. Out of curiosity, when did you last test your pH before this time?

Reactions: tim5055
Yes I will go by Walmart on my way home. I had only used the test strips before I bought the kit, and tested the water about a month ago when I opened my pool. I didn’t think the results I was getting were right until I got the kit.
So, I’m going to stop using the tablets, and only use bleach for chlorine from now on. I’m also going to get some baking soda on my way home, and test the TA and CYA when I get there. Thank y’all so much!

Reactions: Donldson
So, I’m going to stop using the tablets, and only use bleach for chlorine from now on. I’m also going to get some baking soda on my way home, and test the TA and CYA when I get there. Thank y’all so much!
Before you add the baking soda, post what your results are along with the size of your pool. While you are testing, give us a full test

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Hey y’all I just finished my samples.
FC .4
CC yes there is combined chlorine (it turned pink)
PH My water was supposed to turn green when I added the alkalinity indicator, but it only turned pink. I did add the Thiosulfate to naturalize the cl
CH 150
CYA greater than 100

I stopped and picked up baking soda (thanks for the Walmart tip) and bleach...what should I do now?

Well, you need a bunch of chlorine right now. What does the water look like?

You have been using those pucks for a long time and the pool is way over stabilized. You need to get that CYA down to 30 - 40 ad the only way to do that is to exchange water.

How much baking soda did you buy? I'm getting that yo need to add about 14 pounds, but I'd start with 5 or so.

With the continued use of the acidic pucks you have crashed your TA. We need to get teh TA in a range you can test to move forward.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.