Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ph-7.4
Ta-70
Chl-4
Cya- 50-55
Calcium-240
Test with Taylor kit and reagents .
Trying to bring up Ta without pushing Ph ? Any tricks ? 80-90 TA usually results in 7.6 -7.8 ph on the high side.
Seems they are attached and move in tandem.. driving me nuts . Using liquid acid and liquid chlorine to balance,And Ta increaser powder to raise Ta. Pool builder thinks 70 Ta is fine, he also started my pool with pucks and no calcium hardness checks. Spa spills over and runs off main pump can’t turn off spill over .. water features run occasionally.
Thanks

Last edited:
Ph-7.4
Ta-70
Chl-4
Cya- 50-55
Calcium-240
Test with Taylor kit and reagents .
Trying to bring up Ta without pushing Ph ? Any tricks ?

Trick is TA down to 50 is ok. TA of 70 is fine.

80-90 TA usually results in 7.6 -7.8 ph on the high side.
Seems they are attached and move in tandem.. driving me nuts . Using liquid acid and liquid chlorine to balance,And Ta increaser powder to raise Ta. Pool builder thinks 70 Ta is fine,

On that your PB is correct.

Spa spills over and runs off main pump can’t turn off spill over ..

Have a valve added to turn off spillover and setup your Aqualink with dipsswitch 3 to enable SPILLOVER mode.

Why? No reason to raise TA.
You might look at adding some calcium.

How are you testing the pool water chemistry?
Wet edge recommendations- 80 min Ta
Ph 7.6 max .. at 80 Ta ph sits at 7.6-7.8 and slowly goes over during the week.
I like to set up low for the week when I travel . Testing with T-2006

Trick is TA down to 50 is ok. TA of 70 is fine.

On that your PB is correct.

Have a valve added to turn off spillover and setup your Aqualink with dipsswitch 3 to enable SPILLOVER mode.

Going by wet edge recommendations 80 Ta min and Ph 7.6 max looking at pebble tec they give a little room on Ta of 70 but ph 7.6 max .. who knows similar products , I have wet edge.

Going by wet edge recommendations 80 Ta min and Ph 7.6 max looking at pebble tec they give a little room on Ta of 70 but ph 7.6 max .. who knows similar products , I have wet edge.
Those differences are arbitrary.

Good luck.

Wet edge recommendations- 80 min Ta
TA has no direct effect on a pool surface. Most likely the recommendation is because of the possibility that the owners would be using trichlor tablets to chlorinate, which are highly acidic and need higher TA to avoid the water going acidic. When using neutral/basic sources of chlorine (liquid or SWG) the TA needs to be lower to maintain a relatively steady pH.

Unless there is a specifically stated warranty requirement to keep TA at that level you're not doing yourself any favors by following it. Follow their pH recommendations and allow the TA to drop to whatever level best accommodates that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TA has no direct effect on a pool surface. Most likely the recommendation is because of the possibility that the owners would be using trichlor tablets to chlorinate, which are highly acidic and need higher TA to avoid the water going acidic. When using neutral/basic sources of chlorine (liquid or SWG) the TA needs to be lower to maintain a relatively steady pH.

Unless there is a specifically stated warranty requirement to keep TA at that level you're not doing yourself any favors by following it. Follow their pH recommendations and allow the TA to drop to whatever level best accommodates that.
That’s sound advice, I was heading that direction.. I was thinking those parameters are liability based. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.