Glastonbury CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Got a rainstorm the night I added Muriatic acid to lower my pH and water level in pool went from halfway up skimmer to the next screw on the skimmer plate. Would that amount of rain explain why pH went from 7.4 to 7.9 in 2 days?

I keep forgetting to retest TA, so not sure if it's still 100.

Rain may have contributed if the drops were big and caused spash drops into the pool. TA has a factor too....what is it?

Maddie

Rain drops hitting the window ac were hitting pretty hard but couldn't see the pool.

Last I measured TA it was 100 but that was prior to MA addition and rain

Need to go get more Muriatic acid but will do this. Is there a frequency of adding MA too often assuming aeration is raising pH quickly that I should avoid? Ie don't add 3x in one day or as long as the pH is high adding more won't be an issue

OK good to know. Thanks for the help. Checked today and the last addition of muriatic acid aerating overnight and wiping last reagant bottle between drops while testing helped. Right at 70 now for TA. Hopefully that will help with the pH rise

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.