We are new pool owners this year and quickly discovered we had a CYA problem. We have been slowly working that off by vaccuming to waste and adding fresh water (and using only unstabilized chlorine). I just ordered a new test kit that will let us accurately test the CYA and Free Chlorine levels (We just had the PH and Chlorine/Bromine test). The pool water is nice and clear with no algae (at the moment) but we've been adding a lot of chlorine daily while we await our test kit. Our test results (from pool store, and "validated" with strips) this morning were as follows: CYA 92, FC 7.95, PH 8, TA 62, CH 390, Temp 85. My question is whether we should keep adding chlorine while we wait for the test kit to arrive, or if we risk damaging our concrete pool (no liner) or making the water unsafe to swim in (we have a party scheduled for Friday and I'm really hoping we can use the pool). We haven't had to mess with the PH at all yet, so we have no experience with trying to raise or lower the alkalinity or acidity. Thanks in advance for the help!