PH not raising with aeration; Manage with Borates?

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, I am new also with a 3000 gal spool. I'm considering Borates and can see from the pool calculator the amount of acid required to lower pH levels is a little over double than without borates. My pool being small and having aeration jets tends to rise in ph relatively quickly. If I add borates to the pool will there also be a buffering affect on rising pH when the fountain and jets are on? As it is now its very hard to keep in pH balance below 7.5 to 7.8. Thank You
Richard

Raise your pH with 20 Mule Team Borax.

Borates is an optional item and not critical to pool water management.

A 3k pool can normally be drained quickly and inexpensively if your chemistry becomes difficult.

Hi Richard, and welcome to TFP!

Rising pH plagues a lot of us here at TFP, even those of us, like me, that have no water features at all. It's a very common topic. I solved mine with automation and an acid dosing gizmo. I didn't try borates, because I didn't want to manage another chemical in my pool water. I've also read here that borates don't actually lesson the amount of acid your pool demands. I'll have to let someone that knows better about borates confirm/explain that.

Please have a look here, and add a signature, so we can better advise you. We need to know what kind of pool you have, where it's located, what type of equipment you currently have, etc.

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

While Borates May, MAY, help slow PH rise and help buffer it on the high end. It will still take the same amount of acid as before but you will be able to add acid less often. With Borates it takes more acid to move the PH lower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.