pH level on dark colored pool

MiguelACA

Silver Supporter
May 12, 2020
Houston
Hello everyone! First time posting here! Just got my pool finished (waiting on landscaping and cleanup). We've been using the pool and having a great time. I've learned a lot from here and have been maintaining the pool myself so far.

With all that being said, the project manager recommended I keep the pH level on the lower end (7.1-7.2) since it is a dark color pool. The color is Wet Edge Signature Matrix Midnight. I've only found one or two articles swing to keep it lower, but not much else. What do you guys recommend? For now I'm trying to keep it in 7.2-7.6 max.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
Sadly, that Project Manager is not up on water chemistry. To keep a pH that low, you will be on a hamster wheel of add acid, add baking soda, add acid, add baking soda. You do not want to do that.
With a proper test kit, you can get the water chemistry parameters so you can manage CSI - Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool. Keep that between 0 and -0.3, and you will not have any issue with scale. That is what they are concerned with.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the late reply. I have had the pool up and running for about 2 months now, the levels seem to have finally stabilized. I was having issues keeping the TA and pH in check, but I seem to have it down now.

Welcome to the forum!
Sadly, that Project Manager is not up on water chemistry. To keep a pH that low, you will be on a hamster wheel of add acid, add baking soda, add acid, add baking soda. You do not want to do that.
With a proper test kit, you can get the water chemistry parameters so you can manage CSI - Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool. Keep that between 0 and -0.3, and you will not have any issue with scale. That is what they are concerned with.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.