pH balanced at 7.5 while TA is 200ppm in a SWG pool

@mknauss my SWG doesn't seem to be scaling up, but there are water spots on the outside of my pool. That's clearly a cosmetic issue and probably would happen anyway. Should I lower the pH to 7.2 (bottom of the range) or just leave it as is?

BTW, here is a picture of my beautiful water thanks to your excellent guidance.
20200727_103647.jpg

When your pH reaches 7.8 or 8, lower it to 7.4.

If the SWCG starts to shed any calcium flakes, then lower the TA. Otherwise, no real issue in leaving it be.

Use up the dry acid. Just do not use any more once that is gone.

Follow the FC/CYA Levels for SWCG pools.

With your current level at 7 ppm, that is great place to be. Set up your SWCG to create 3 or 3.5 ppm FC per day.

In Poolmath, there is a drop down list of SWCG. I believe yours is the Intex Krystal Clear. It matches your 12 gm/hr which is 0.62 lb/day.

What is the volume of your pool? Please add that to your signature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@mknauss I found where you were talking about in Pool Math. Under "Effects of adding" you can select the SWG and determine how much run time your SWG will produce in PPM increase! AWESOME!

I have my SWG running now. I will retest before I head to bed tonight and determine how much more it needs to run to keep me at 7.

OK -- so using PoolMath; I would suggest you run the pump with SWCG on for 12 hours each day. That will create 3.5ppm FC in your pool volume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.