PH automatic system won't automatically dispense ? Help please !!!

Jun 3, 2011
Split from this thread pH Automatic System Won't Automatically Dispense
Hello
We have a Goldline pro logic system and also have the additional
sense and dispense with a CO2 tank for the adjustment of the PH
the system works good except for one irritating thing...
the red light comes on everyday that says
" check system press + to reset"
"PH Timeout- check feeder"

For about the last month I am having the same problem. I have reset the timer for the max 120 minutes. When I press + to reset the Stenner starts pumping again. But every day it seems like I need to do this again and it's not getting the ph down to 7.5. It was at 8 and now is at 8.3. Any new intel on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the AquaRite PRO, which is similar, but a slightly different model. I'm using acid, not CO2.

You might also check your pH sensor. How long have you had it? Have you ever cleaned it and recalibrated it? Has the sensor gone bad? They do need to get replaced occasionally. I'll have to look to see how long my first one lasted. They're expensive to replace.

I have the AquaRite PRO, which is similar, but a slightly different model. I'm using acid, not CO2.

You might also check your pH sensor. How long have you had it? Have you ever cleaned it and recalibrated it? Has the sensor gone bad? They do need to get replaced occasionally. I'll have to look to see how long my first one lasted. They're expensive to replace.

I was also using Acid and I’ve done everything you’ve mentioned X10 and also still have a brand new probe that was covered under warranty but in my opinion the system is a unreliable piece of junk and won’t waste anymore time with it.

Salty

I was also using Acid and I’ve done everything you’ve mentioned X10 and also still have a brand new probe that was covered under warranty but in my opinion the system is a unreliable piece of junk and won’t waste anymore time with it.

At least for me, the pH portion has been quite reliable. I wonder if there's a firmware difference between the AquaRite Pro and the AquaPlus. Or if it's a firmware revision issue and they fixed something that wasn't working? I don't believe the firmware is updatable. My original AquaRite Pro controller died before the T-CELL did. The replacement had newer firmware and I noticed some minor differences.

The ORP sensor thing for chlorine detection never worked--my FC ranged from 0 to 22 with the ORP sensor. After several calls to Hayward and them sending on-site techs to look at things, etc., I finally gave up and just changed to a percentage for chlorine generation.

At least for me, the pH portion has been quite reliable. I wonder if there's a firmware difference between the AquaRite Pro and the AquaPlus. Or if it's a firmware revision issue and they fixed something that wasn't working? I don't believe the firmware is updatable. My original AquaRite Pro controller died before the T-CELL did. The replacement had newer firmware and I noticed some minor differences.

The ORP sensor thing for chlorine detection never worked--my FC ranged from 0 to 22 with the ORP sensor. After several calls to Hayward and them sending on-site techs to look at things, etc., I finally gave up and just changed to a percentage for chlorine generation.
[/

When we built our pool I just thought it would make things easier to have automatic Acid dosing to control PH but as it turns out I rarely have to add acid. I’m glad it’s working for you.

Salty

Split from this thread pH Automatic System Won't Automatically Dispense

For about the last month I am having the same problem. I have reset the timer for the max 120 minutes. When I press + to reset the Stenner starts pumping again. But every day it seems like I need to do this again and it's not getting the ph down to 7.5. It was at 8 and now is at 8.3. Any new intel on this?

Do you know if the injection pump is exceeding the preset time? If it is, you may need to manually dose to get the pH down and then let the system take over. Once the pH gets so high it's going to take the Stenner a long time to get enough acid in the pool to bring the pH back in line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.