Ph and TA and how to reach stability

That helps a lot. I didn’t realize low CYA played into PH stability that way. I’ve been slowly letting CYA rise as it’s easier to add than subtract CYA. Sounds like as raise CYA and TA naturally comes down as I continue to add acid, I will probably see less PH rise and/ or find a stable PH.

Wanted to just follow up and say that once I got down to TA = 50 my pH stopped rising, I haven't been running the waterfall yet so that will be the next test but I haven't had to add MA in over two weeks and pH is holding steady at 7.6.

:cool:

Last edited:
Ran the waterfall the other day when guests came over and then tested PH the next day and it was way over 8 so I added half a jug of MA and now it's sitting at 7.2 PH and my TA is 40.

Checking pool math and I am at CSI -0.78 which is no good, been running the waterfall almost all day and trying to get the PH back up to 7.6.

I might have to dump some alkalinity up in there to get alkalinity back to 80-90 but then I am going to be dumping MA to keep PH down for the next month or so and then the process starts all over.

There has to be some way to stabilize this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.