Pet Pictures

Here are my girls, Shanti (the yorkie) and Celeste (the schanuzer). I also have a longhaired daschund named Max and a bobtail cat named Butterscotch, not to mentions several parakeets (Hansel and Gretl and their offsprings--7 at the present time) and three canaries (Red, Flattop, and Whitey). I will post some pics of the rest of the family once I get a chance to find them. This pic happens to be the wallpaper on my desktop so it's always handy! :wink: It was taken by a professional pet photograper a few years back right around the 4th of July.

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 464
I love all of the pictures of your beautiful pets :) . Here is an interesting piece of information I got and thought I would pass it along to the pet lovers:

Written by:

>Laurinda Morris, DVM

>Danville Veterinary Clinic

>Danville , Ohio

>

>This week I had the first case in history of raisin toxicity ever seen

at MedVet. My patient was a 56-pound, 5 yr old male neutered lab mix

that ate half a canister of raisins sometime between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM

on Tuesday. He started with vomiting, diarrhea and shaking about 1AM on

Wednesday but the owner didn't call my emergency service until 7AM.

>

>I had heard somewhere about raisins AND grapes causing acute Renal

failure but hadn't seen any formal paper on the subject. We had her

bring the dog in immediately. In the meantime, I called the ER service

at MedVet, and the doctor there was like me - had heard something about

it, but.... Anyway, we contacted the ASPCA National Animal Poison

Control Center and they said to give IV fluids at 1 1/2 times

maintenance and watch the kidney values for the next 48-72 hours.

>

>The dog's BUN (blood urea nitrogen level) was already at 32 (normal

less than 27) and creatinine over 5 (1.9 is the high end of normal).

Both are monitors of kidney function in the bloodstream. We placed an
IV

catheter and started the fluids. Rechecked the renal values at 5 PM and

the BUN was over 40 and creatinine over 7 with no urine production after

a liter of fluids. At th e point I felt the dog was in acute renal

failure and sent him on to MedVet for a urinary catheter to monitor

urine output overnight as well as overnight c are.

>

>He started vomiting again overnight at MedVet and his renal values have

continued to incr ease daily. He produced urine when given lasix as a

diuretic. He was on 3 different anti-vomiting medications and they still

couldn't control his vomiting. Today his urine output decreased again,

his BUN was over 120, his creatinine was at 10, his phosphorus was very

elevated and his blood pressure, which had been staying around 150,

skyrocketed to 220.. He continued to vomit and the owners elected to

euthanize.

>

>This is a very sad case - great dog, great owners who had no idea

raisins could be a toxin. Please alert everyone you know who has a dog

of this very serious risk. Poison control said as few a s 7 raisins or

grapes could be toxic. Many people I know give

>their dogs grapes or raisins as treats including our ex-handler's. Any

exposure should give rise to imm ediate concern.

>

>Even if you don't have a dog, you might have friends who do. This is

worth passing on to them.

>

>

>Confirmation from Snopes about the above...

>http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

Marillion Fan said:
If those are acorns on your deck Wilbur would be in heaven he loves acorns.
and those are couple of cute pups ya got there.

Actually that's my parents' deck; those pics were taken when my folks were keeping our dogs while we were suffering real estate woes (moved 200+ miles to a new job, waiting for closing on the new house, living in an apt in the meantime). Prolly those are acorns, yes. I don't think either of my dogs were interested in them, tho.

Ollie and Perrito thank you for the compliment. :-D I think they are lovely too. Of course I'm not biased. :wink:

~Jules~

mbar said:
I love all of the pictures of your beautiful pets :) . Here is an interesting piece of information I got and thought I would pass it along to the pet lovers:

Written by:

>Laurinda Morris, DVM

>Danville Veterinary Clinic

>Danville , Ohio

>

>This week I had the first case in history of raisin toxicity ever seen

at MedVet. . .

>http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

Wow! I will not give my dogs raisins again! I don't usually feed them raisins, but dogs are typically interested in anything that looks like food, so I have been known to toss a few raisins to Ollie when I was eating some.

Trent N' Kaybee

79.jpg

This is the reason we have a pool........ Harley loves the pool as much as we do! :-D

[align=center]<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i199.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid199.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tsandershsa/affec573.flv"></embed>[/align]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cute video!

My DD's 2 dogs are deathly afraid of the pool. One is a big lab/chow and the other is a mini-doxie/mini-pinhuahua. They both sit there and cry when the kids are all in the pool.

When I was a kid I had a full doxie. That dog loved the water. You had to be careful to latch the bathroom door when you were taking a bath, because she'd come running and jump in. We lived along a river and she would be out in the water swimming with us or swimming out to the boat - she didn't want to be left behind.

We also had a cat that liked to swim - which is really odd.

Tsandershsa -
Love the video.... is Harley a Jack Russell and your other a Rat Terrier? I have two RTs and one JRT.
Our get more use of the pool than we do, we even bought a motorhome since we got tired of sneaking them into motels with us.

From_Arizona said:
Tsandershsa -
Love the video.... is Harley a Jack Russell and your other a Rat Terrier? I have two RTs and one JRT.
Our get more use of the pool than we do, we even bought a motorhome since we got tired of sneaking them into motels with us.

Harley is a long haired Jack Russell and the other, Zoey, is a rat terrier... I also have Harley's brother, Frisbee,
who is a short haired Jack Russell. We call them our Jack Russell Terrorists....haha
We are allowed to live in their 2500 sq ft dog house and sleep in their king size bed! I know there "dogs", but
they are our kids...... Harley can't wait for me to get home from work so we can go swimming...

adios
Todd

Tsandershsa said:
ktdave said:
Tsandershsa said:
We are allowed to live in their 2500 sq ft dog house and sleep in their king size bed! I know there "dogs", but they are our kids......

Sounds like y'all are THEIR kids! :lol:

It does seem that way sometimes! Would'nt have it any other way...

Yes indeed, seems that we are not the only ones :lol: ....we are just part of their kingdom. Our nicknames for our fur kids are "King Chip", "Princess Simba" and "Prince Charming". They each have us wrapped around their little paws, I swear each day they are looking at me wondering why their pool is not finished yet!

Just wanted to show off my puppers. :lol:
This is my BIG Boy Zachary. He's playing with his kitty cat. :lol:

Say CHEESE!

Here he is resting while Casey poses for the camera...

TUG Of WAR???

Here is my brother's dog that lives with us. Her name is Pixie. She's getting old. :(

Just layin around...

DH even decided to pad her box with my solar cover. He's lucky I love him!

They are well loved! I couldn't imagine life without them to be honest. They're almost like my children.

Here are a couple more of them at play and swimming...
Actually this is as far as Zach will get to the pool. He loves when we splash him!

Here is Casey in her GLORY. I should say her pool. You never have to ask her twice if she wants to go swimming!!!

You know that game, Where's Waldo? She likes to play, Where's Casey!!! :lol:

Well, here is Finn, home with us now. We will teach him to swim in the spring.

Attachments

• 081897a.jpg
    081897a.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 247

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.