Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
People and pets over pools BUT here is a thread to help keep pools safe :

Reactions: markayash

JJ_Tex

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
20 foot storm surge in a very swampy area is not going to be a good combo. Hopefully everyone heeds the warnings to evacuate. The dang thing is still going to be a hurricane almost all the way to Arkansas.

• Sad

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
They are predicting up to a 9’ storm surge, never thought about having to deal with a pool.
The weather guys are really concerned about people safety. Said this isn’t a storm to ride out.
I hope any members are long gone from that area

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
The swamps and bayous actually help dampen the effect of storm surge. It is where man has messed with that (like parts of New Orleans) that do not survive well.

Stay safe.

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Anyone on the west side of the eyewall and within 100 miles of the east side of the eyewall is going to have a very serious storm to deal with. I hope everyone in harm's way has evacuated. They are predicting a 20 foot storm surge near the eyewall. Very few buildings will survive a 20' storm surge. If you hunker down in a building that ends up swept off its foundation your odds of survival are very poor.

• Wow

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I am watching the weather channel in Lake Charles and it's getting bad and the worse hasn't hit..I pray everybody got out and didn't try and ride this out