Pentiar or Hayward Heatpump

whixkid41

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2018
Long Island, NY
Hi All,

After getting a few inches of snow, what better time to think about a heat pump :).

I've been researching all winter and narrowed my choices down to 3 models:

Pentair UltraTemp 140
Hayward HeatPro 140
Hayward HeatPro 140 (Low-Ambient)

All my equipment - pumps, automation, filter is Pentair (or Sta-Rite)

Concerns:
- If I chose Hayward - will I lose any automation features? Will I lose some cool integration within the automation panel because the heater is not Pentair? "Alexa, set the spa to 104", "I'm sorry your heater doesn't support that feature" :-|
- Is one better than the other? Both brands seem to have their loyalists
- Any hidden cost by going with the Hayward? In other words, will I need some special cable or wire/part that connects the hayward to the Pentair panel that costs a kings ransom?
- Anyone have input about buying these things online?

Thanks!

whixkid41

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2018
Long Island, NY
I ended up going with the Hayward Summit Heat pump. I don't have access to natural Gas. Propane is simply to expensive. basically the same as the Hayward HeatPro 140 with some upgrades

nlblit

Jul 15, 2018
Detroit, MI
I ended up going with the Hayward Summit Heat pump. I don't have access to natural Gas. Propane is simply to expensive. basically the same as the Hayward HeatPro 140 with some upgrades
Just curious if you're happy with your Hayward Summit Heat Pump? I'm considering getting one, and I'd love to hear what you think about yours. Thanks!