Penter IntelliFlo and automation of pumps and draining

MikeGyver

May 16, 2010
CA
Hello all. I am looking for some advice regarding the Pentair IntelliFlo pumps and SunTouch. Is the SunTouch able to ramp up the speed of the VS 3050 pump during the middle of a cycle? Say it is running 1000 RPM, can the SunTouch bump it up to 1500 RPM for a set amount of time and then back down to 1000 RPM? Are there automation systems by other manufacturers that can do this?

I am also curious what solutions there are for automated pool draining. I don't need the automation to decide when to drain, I would just like to be able to press a button from inside the house during rainy season to start and stop the draining. There is a currently a hose bib which has to be manually opened to start draining. It is a real pain, especially when it is pouring and muddy. I am wondering an electric sprinkler valve would do the trick.

Any help is much appreciated.

G

MikeGyver said:
I am also curious what solutions there are for automated pool draining. I don't need the automation to decide when to drain, I would just like to be able to press a button from inside the house during rainy season to start and stop the draining.
Rainy season? You're in California, man! We don't have a rainy season! You're blowing the illusion of 365 days of sunshine, sandy beaches, palm trees and balmy breezes!

Next you'll tell me Santa Claus isn't real :lol:

ride525

Gold Supporter
Jun 17, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I'm somewhat curious about what the SunTouch control can do with the VS3050 also, like Mike's question above.

Can the SunTouch control run the Intelliflo VS at 1000rpm for a period. Then run it at 1500 for another period?

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Yes, the SunTouch can change the speed. Speeds are associated with circuits, so for example the pump can change speed any time AUX1 is on.