Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hello,

My Master Temp 400 kicks in, I smell gas and hear the pilot trying to start it.

It tries this a couple times and eventually gives the service heater LED.

When opened up, the only alarm LED is LED 11, which I believe to be service heater as well.

I've seen another thread which mentions that the drum at the bottom (burner) could have water in it. Due to the heavy rains and the chimney proximity beside the slanting roof of a shed, I'd like to check for this.

Could someone verify if I undo the bottom bolt on the right, not the one facing me?

Attachments

• 20200819_132128.jpg
    20200819_132128.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 8
Hello,

My Master Temp 400 kicks in, I smell gas and hear the pilot trying to start it.

It tries this a couple times and eventually gives the service heater LED.

When opened up, the only alarm LED is LED 11, which I believe to be service heater as well.

I've seen another thread which mentions that the drum at the bottom (burner) could have water in it. Due to the heavy rains and the chimney proximity beside the slanting roof of a shed, I'd like to check for this.

Could someone verify if I undo the bottom bolt on the right, not the one facing me?

To check for water in the heat exchanger box, you take out the lower bolt in the front. Not the drain plug, that is used for winterizing.

Thanks for merging, I thought I double posted, sorry.

Thankfully no water when I took out a bottom manifold bolt. Checked and see 120 vac when I disconnected the ignitor leads, turned off the gas and turned it on. Ignitor is reading infinite resistance so I'm hoping that's the one and only issue.

Thanks

Reactions: mknauss
To answer your question, yes, the bolt on the right not the one facing you (in your pic). Although, it would take a lot of rain water to fill the firebox. and since the exhaust exits laterally, i dont think your issue is rain water. Check your igniter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.