Pentair Whiserflo Pump

Aug 28, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I have a Whisperflo Pump dated from 2007, model number: WFE-8. It's a dedicated pump specifically for a waterslide feature for the pool. I turned it on to filter some water through it. It buzzed for a moment, then it fell silent and it's completely dead now. I'm able to manually rotate impeller. I replaced the motor capacitor and I tested to make sure it was getting power. Still dead. I feel like everything points to replacing the motor. Anyone have any additional things I should check? If not and I should just move onto replacing motor, is this something I can do myself....I'm fairly handy and have replaced a few things on my heater easily. Is there a guide to replacing this? Advice? Anything I should do in addition to replacing motor while I have it partly disassembled? Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

How big is your slide? The WFE-8 is very large pump and not normally needed for just a slide. Most slides could be fed from the main pump with some valving or at most a very small pump.

I always felt it was a little overkill. The waterslide is actually a slide and water fall combo rock feature. You can divert the water equally or to one feature (slide/waterfall). It stands about 6ft tall and the pump is seated behind it out of sight. It draws separately from the main pump/filtration unit. The waterslide is about 10 feet long from top of slide to the water and has two 2" PVC pipes feeding water down the slide. The waterfall has two separate lines that feed into it.

I will say, when I've run the waterfall for strictly decorative reasons, I have to divert quite a bit into a line under the water surface as it's extremely loud with a strong waterflow.

But when you run both the slide and waterfall, are you still diverting water? If not, then maybe you don't want to downsize.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.