Pentair Warrior SI No Automation?

db5304

Jun 10, 2016
Pittsburgh
So based on the reviews here I decided to go with the pentair warrior. Well there was a $50 rebate so I went with the SI for the fancy features and I now think that was a bit of a mistake. One the app seems pretty awful, and two, I seem to be lacking automation mode. If I press and hold the schedule button for 10 seconds, all three lights flash amber a few times and nothing happens. I thought the weekly mode was to set the cleaning cycle for every week, not for just one week and then stop... I'm gone for two weeks at a time and may have made a slight mistake purchasing this specific unit. Does anyone know if the 930/si are missing that automation mode? I can't find it at all in the manual, only that I set a cycle for a week and thats it. Since the weekly mode is only a one week then off mode, I wanted to go with a smart outlet and control it that way. Kind of a dumb feature to have to set the schedule every week. I see tons of posts stating the SE can be set in automation but couldn't find a single that says this for the SI.

Other than that I'm quite pleased with the vacuum. I actually haven't manually vacuumed my pool once, I opened it up and let the vacuum go and never had to touch it. I did actually brush it a bit when I shocked it, but that didn't even seem necessary.

So based on the reviews here I decided to go with the pentair warrior. Well there was a $50 rebate so I went with the SI for the fancy features and I now think that was a bit of a mistake. One the app seems pretty awful, and two, I seem to be lacking automation mode. If I press and hold the schedule button for 10 seconds, all three lights flash amber a few times and nothing happens. I thought the weekly mode was to set the cleaning cycle for every week, not for just one week and then stop... I'm gone for two weeks at a time and may have made a slight mistake purchasing this specific unit. Does anyone know if the 930/si are missing that automation mode? I can't find it at all in the manual, only that I set a cycle for a week and thats it. Since the weekly mode is only a one week then off mode, I wanted to go with a smart outlet and control it that way. Kind of a dumb feature to have to set the schedule every week. I see tons of posts stating the SE can be set in automation but couldn't find a single that says this for the SI.

Other than that I'm quite pleased with the vacuum. I actually haven't manually vacuumed my pool once, I opened it up and let the vacuum go and never had to touch it. I did actually brush it a bit when I shocked it, but that didn't even seem necessary.
yes seems like a waste of $50. most of us here bought SE and added KASA outdoor plug. You can turn on automation mode manually, follow direction on post #54 . With kasa plug you can program the plug any way you want and it will turn on and off the robot. Bought SE for $699 got $50 back in rebate , spend $24 on plug and it has been working great. Good Luck

I have the SI and use automation mode with a TP-Link Kasa smart switch. Works great for me. The app does suck, but I only use it to drive the bot to the edge of the pool for removal.

I used these instruction to get automation mode to work.

Pentair Warrior SE - length of power cord and Aux power control

I may have had to go through the steps a couple of times to get it to work, but it does work.

edit: just noticed the post above reference the same post (#54) I linked. Sorry for duplicate info.

Thanks for the responses, this is what I thought, I just tried it 4 times and no dice. My 3 weekly led's flash green, but the power button does not light up. I unplug and plug back in and nothing each time, even if after holding the weekly button for over 10 seconds (every time the 1,2,3 led's flash for a few seconds and go out).

It takes some trial and error.

After you unplug/plug-in and the lights don't come on you need to press & release the power button. After pressing the power button the lights should turn on. Now, unplug then plug-in the unit and the power lights should come on indicating it's in automation mode.

Here's a video I created this morning showing how I put the unit in automation mode - Warrior SI Automation Mode

After a couple of tries, this worked for me on my SI. I ended up doing the process 3x and at the end after unplugging and turning on it would only blink power once to indicate in automation mode.

Thanks!

Reactions: wakeprodigy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.