Pentair Warrior SI No Automation?

db5304

Jun 10, 2016
Pittsburgh
So based on the reviews here I decided to go with the pentair warrior. Well there was a $50 rebate so I went with the SI for the fancy features and I now think that was a bit of a mistake. One the app seems pretty awful, and two, I seem to be lacking automation mode. If I press and hold the schedule button for 10 seconds, all three lights flash amber a few times and nothing happens. I thought the weekly mode was to set the cleaning cycle for every week, not for just one week and then stop... I'm gone for two weeks at a time and may have made a slight mistake purchasing this specific unit. Does anyone know if the 930/si are missing that automation mode? I can't find it at all in the manual, only that I set a cycle for a week and thats it. Since the weekly mode is only a one week then off mode, I wanted to go with a smart outlet and control it that way. Kind of a dumb feature to have to set the schedule every week. I see tons of posts stating the SE can be set in automation but couldn't find a single that says this for the SI.

Other than that I'm quite pleased with the vacuum. I actually haven't manually vacuumed my pool once, I opened it up and let the vacuum go and never had to touch it. I did actually brush it a bit when I shocked it, but that didn't even seem necessary.

SunnyP2000

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
So based on the reviews here I decided to go with the pentair warrior. Well there was a $50 rebate so I went with the SI for the fancy features and I now think that was a bit of a mistake. One the app seems pretty awful, and two, I seem to be lacking automation mode. If I press and hold the schedule button for 10 seconds, all three lights flash amber a few times and nothing happens. I thought the weekly mode was to set the cleaning cycle for every week, not for just one week and then stop... I'm gone for two weeks at a time and may have made a slight mistake purchasing this specific unit. Does anyone know if the 930/si are missing that automation mode? I can't find it at all in the manual, only that I set a cycle for a week and thats it. Since the weekly mode is only a one week then off mode, I wanted to go with a smart outlet and control it that way. Kind of a dumb feature to have to set the schedule every week. I see tons of posts stating the SE can be set in automation but couldn't find a single that says this for the SI.

Other than that I'm quite pleased with the vacuum. I actually haven't manually vacuumed my pool once, I opened it up and let the vacuum go and never had to touch it. I did actually brush it a bit when I shocked it, but that didn't even seem necessary.
yes seems like a waste of $50. most of us here bought SE and added KASA outdoor plug. You can turn on automation mode manually, follow direction on post #54 . With kasa plug you can program the plug any way you want and it will turn on and off the robot. Bought SE for $699 got $50 back in rebate , spend $24 on plug and it has been working great. Good Luck

wakeprodigy

Jun 3, 2020
Carrollton TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have the SI and use automation mode with a TP-Link Kasa smart switch. Works great for me. The app does suck, but I only use it to drive the bot to the edge of the pool for removal.

I used these instruction to get automation mode to work.

Pentair Warrior SE - length of power cord and Aux power control

I may have had to go through the steps a couple of times to get it to work, but it does work.

edit: just noticed the post above reference the same post (#54) I linked. Sorry for duplicate info.

db5304

Jun 10, 2016
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the responses, this is what I thought, I just tried it 4 times and no dice. My 3 weekly led's flash green, but the power button does not light up. I unplug and plug back in and nothing each time, even if after holding the weekly button for over 10 seconds (every time the 1,2,3 led's flash for a few seconds and go out).

wakeprodigy

Jun 3, 2020
Carrollton TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It takes some trial and error.

After you unplug/plug-in and the lights don't come on you need to press & release the power button. After pressing the power button the lights should turn on. Now, unplug then plug-in the unit and the power lights should come on indicating it's in automation mode.

Here's a video I created this morning showing how I put the unit in automation mode - Warrior SI Automation Mode

THT

Jan 9, 2021
San Diego
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
After a couple of tries, this worked for me on my SI. I ended up doing the process 3x and at the end after unplugging and turning on it would only blink power once to indicate in automation mode.

Thanks!

Reactions: wakeprodigy