Northern Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My cleaner cleans fine, but am I missing something with the app? The "official" app is the Prowler 930 app, and as far as I can tell it offers no functionality other than manually driving - i.e., you can't even set cycle time. I tried the MyDolphin app which seems to do more but it doesn't "see" the Warrior on bluetooth.

Too funny, I also just popped my Warrior SI in the pool for the first time and noticed the same thing. Also, unless I am missing something, the rest of the app is useless if you are not Bluetooth connected to the timer? For example, viewing the online manual etcetera....
Steve

I've not explored the app aside from the manual drive, but I did notice that I am unable to use the delay start feature on the power supply. Have you guys had this issue? Or maybe i just got a bad power supply?

I haven’t tried delay start. But I can report that the Dolphin app doesn’t see the unit, and the Dolphin+ app sees it but won’t connect, directs you to the Pentair app. I only paid $50 extra for the SI as opposed to the SE, so it’s fine, but not really worth it.

Agreed. I'm happy with the vacuum, it works better than my polaris did, but they could easily make it so much better. Like you said, it would be nice to be able to set it to clean after my filter turns off, rather than having to physically turn it on at night.

Agreed. I'm happy with the vacuum, it works better than my polaris did, but they could easily make it so much better. Like you said, it would be nice to be able to set it to clean after my filter turns off, rather than having to physically turn it on at night.
I think you can. I haven't done it yet, but there is a way to set the power supply into a mode where it automatically starts up when plugged in. This way, you can set a timer, automation, Google, Alexa, whatever, to power on the unit.
Alternatively, why not set the weekly mode, then it will turn on every night at that time. Not sure why it matters to you if the filter is on or not but you should be able to work that out.

I think you can. I haven't done it yet, but there is a way to set the power supply into a mode where it automatically starts up when plugged in. This way, you can set a timer, automation, Google, Alexa, whatever, to power on the unit.
Alternatively, why not set the weekly mode, then it will turn on every night at that time. Not sure why it matters to you if the filter is on or not but you should be able to work that out.
I have heard of people doing that. I don't have any automation in my house, and honestly I find myself running the vac overnight and just taking it out the next morning, who knows how long that will last though.

For the extra 50 bucks, I'd definitely buy it again. Overall, my complaints about the app are very minor and don't really detract from the value.

Plus, I found out last night I can connect and turn on the vac from my kitchen, so thats cool.

Reactions: steevo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It probably does! That clip I posted is from the Downloaded version of the manual. The hardcopy that came with the machine shows the button in the diagram! And describes how to use it on the next page.
Pentair Website Download version of manual : P/N 372052 REV. C 12/20/19
Hardcopy in Box : P/N 372052 REV. B 12/12/18

So they removed the reference in the latest product manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.