Pentair Ultratemp Heat Pump Cooling Setpoints

Fins

Jul 14, 2016
Boca Grande, FL
Does anybody know how the cooling mode setpoints work on the Ultratemp combo heating/cooling unit?
There are 2 setpoints. One is called MAX TEMP and the other is called SET TEMP.

When my heat pump is running in cooling mode, I cannot get it to shut off just by adjusting the setpoint. For example, if the MAX TEMP is set to 91 and SET TEMP is set to 88 , the heat pump will run fine. If the water is 89 and I want to turn off the cooling unit, it would seem that I should be able to just bump the setup to 90 degrees and the heat pump should turn off. It will not turn off. It just continues to run regardless of setpoint adjustment.

Works perfect in heating mode. Cooling mode is a little odd. I’m using an EasyTouch system.
I have normal setpoint adjustment from the EasyTouch home screen but also have the other two setpoints indicated above under the Heat menu. The setpoint on the home screen seems to jive with the SET TEMP setting under the heat menu.

Is there a way I can set this up to maintain a constant temp and the Easy Touch decides whether it needs to be in either heating or cooling mode?

Any ideas?

Thanks. .

When in chiller mode Pentair forgot to link the temperature differential up to the chiller portion. So if you have a chiller set point of 87 degrees, and your temperature bounces back and forth between 88 and 87 degrees - your fan will cycle on/off, on/off, on/off until the temperature is a constant 87 degrees. That will eventually burn the fan motor up.

That problem is planned to be addressed and corrected in IntelliCenter firmware V1.046. The diff temp buttons will be replaced with +/- buttons in the Ultra-Temp setup screen.

You need to find out what Pentair plans to do to fix the chiller function on the EasyTouch. Updating the firmware on the ET takes some special equipment..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.