IncaPhoto

Mar 2, 2021
Columbia, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi everyone! Just noticed the other day that my pump isn't working. Pump timer has power and is working. As far as the Pentair 342001, I noticed that lights on control panel would blink once every 18-20 seconds and don't completely power up. Also just a thought, we lost some power twice within for about 20 minutes within a week (last week of February 2121). I'm remotely a handyman so I don't know if it had an effect on the pump. Thank you so much in advance!

Welcome to TFP :)

These VS pumps are VERY VERY sensitive to power black outs, brown outs, spikes and whatever... Do you have a Surge device on your electrical box for the pump power.. These VS really should have one... I have one on my pump electrical panel, one for my whole house and one on my AC unit and multiple inside ones for computers and sound equipment...

With that said it is probably just the brains that are fried but I am not sure and I have no idea how to test those...

I can help with the surge protectors :)

For your pump panel

For your AC/furnace/heat pump or whatever

Whole house

Welcome to TFP :)

These VS pumps are VERY VERY sensitive to power black outs, brown outs, spikes and whatever... Do you have a Surge device on your electrical box for the pump power.. These VS really should have one... I have one on my pump electrical panel, one for my whole house and one on my AC unit and multiple inside ones for computers and sound equipment...

With that said it is probably just the brains that are fried but I am not sure and I have no idea how to test those...

I can help with the surge protectors :)

For your pump panel

For your AC/furnace/heat pump or whatever

Whole house
What's the difference between the first protector you listed to this one?

Reactions: cowboycasey
Great catch, nothing at all, they are both the same but one is cheaper... :)

When I bought mine it was cheaper than the pool one, now the PS3000 is cheaper so buy that one...

Reactions: IncaPhoto
Finally fixed it! It's the control panel. Cost about $500. Removing old screws from the sides caused a lot of cursing on my side... screws we're stripped despite me spraying WD-40. Since the pool hasn't run for at least a week, how long should I run it for?

By the way, my testosterone probably went up after accomplishing that task!

Reactions: New2water
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.