Pentair SuperFlo shaft seal leaking.

Fungi

May 5, 2015
Central Illinois
I have researched it and have the rebuild kit ordered, bt will not arrive for a week. Right now I'm loosing about 1/4" every day. Is it likely it will hold on long enough for the rebuild kit, or do they deteriorate rapidly? Should I worry about the pump motor? Should I run the pump only during the day? I usually run it 24/7. Thanks in advance.

Seals typically wear over time but can also be damaged by a mechanical issue such as a failed bearing. If the problem arose gradually then it should progress at the same pace but given the leakage it's not a bad idea to reduce run time until you can repair it.

Thanks for the reply Jeff. The pump was new in 2013, so it has 6 years of summer only use. Not sure if that is normal timeframe. It leaks a lot (1/4" daily), but the pool is only 2300 gallons so it's not as bad as loosing that much from a larger pool. Hoping the motor does not get damaged. I will shut down at night. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.