Pentair ScreenLogic2 Interface Protocol Adapter won't connect to my network

1. I have an Pentair EasyTouch PL4 control panel.
2. I have hardwired it correctly(J20 Com Port - 4 wires) to the ScreenLogic2 Interface Protocol Adapter (S2IPA).
3. The S2IPA is connected directly to my router by wired (CAT6) LAN RJ-45 cable and lights show I have a 10/100 connection on the router
  • I have previously tested this LAN connection with a PC (which is set to use DHCP just like the S2IPA supposedly defaults to use as well) and it connects to the network and internet just fine. My router assigns it a 10.x.x.x address through DHCP to the PC.
  • I have triple checked all wires and connections
  • I have a proper red light on the S2IPA so it is powered from the PL4 com port J20
4. When I run the ScreenLogic Connect software on my PC I get an error "System Not Found"
  • I am typing in the correct correct system name, "Pentair: XX-XX-XX", where XX-XX-XX represents the characters that are written on my S2IPA I didn't type XX-XX-XX
  • I check my Router Logs and I don't see the device S2IPA at all. So it looks to me like the S2IPA is not getting an IP address (in the 10.x.x.x range that my router uses for my internal network), yet by default the S2IPA is supposedly set to DHCP.
  • I have powered off/on the whole PL4/S2IPA and my router several times and I have reset the S2IPA several times but still no worky
So not sure what is going on. I am sure that if the S2IPA doesn't get a proper IP address on my network it won't communicate properly. I don't have any EasyTouch remotes. I have the iPhone app and it doesn't connect to the S2IPA either which is no surprise. I there someway to see what the S2IPA network settings are without being connected to my network so I can see if DHCP is set and diagnose what is going on? Or what is a better idea, I really have tried everything I know? Going to try Pentair support tomorrow over lunch.

1. I have an Pentair EasyTouch PL4 control panel.
2. I have hardwired it correctly(J20 Com Port - 4 wires) to the ScreenLogic2 Interface Protocol Adapter (S2IPA).
3. The S2IPA is connected directly to my router by wired (CAT6) LAN RJ-45 cable and lights show I have a 10/100 connection on the router
  • I have previously tested this LAN connection with a PC (which is set to use DHCP just like the S2IPA supposedly defaults to use as well) and it connects to the network and internet just fine. My router assigns it a 10.x.x.x address through DHCP to the PC.
  • I have triple checked all wires and connections
  • I have a proper red light on the S2IPA so it is powered from the PL4 com port J20
4. When I run the ScreenLogic Connect software on my PC I get an error "System Not Found"
  • I am typing in the correct correct system name, "Pentair: XX-XX-XX", where XX-XX-XX represents the characters that are written on my S2IPA I didn't type XX-XX-XX
  • I check my Router Logs and I don't see the device S2IPA at all. So it looks to me like the S2IPA is not getting an IP address (in the 10.x.x.x range that my router uses for my internal network), yet by default the S2IPA is supposedly set to DHCP.
  • I have powered off/on the whole PL4/S2IPA and my router several times and I have reset the S2IPA several times but still no worky
So not sure what is going on. I am sure that if the S2IPA doesn't get a proper IP address on my network it won't communicate properly. I don't have any EasyTouch remotes. I have the iPhone app and it doesn't connect to the S2IPA either which is no surprise. I there someway to see what the S2IPA network settings are without being connected to my network so I can see if DHCP is set and diagnose what is going on? Or what is a better idea, I really have tried everything I know? Going to try Pentair support tomorrow over lunch.
So today I hooked the S2IPA up to my old router and viewed the router logs. They were:
Mon Jul 13 16:45:02 2020DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.0.101.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:02 2020DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 00:c0:33:0c:bb:3b.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:01 2020DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.0.101.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:01 2020DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 00:c0:33:0c:bb:3b.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:00 2020DHCP: Client send DISCOVER.

which this same sequence repeats for the next hour I had it connected. The RESET pinhole on the S2IPA, Pentair said to hit 3 times quickly which I did and that just send the DHCP: Client Send Discover each time you hit the reset. So my problem is that the S2IPA doesn't receive and set the IP address that the router is offering. I powered on and off several times and hit the reset button, etc... still same issue. So I believe since I can't connect to it through IP then I can't do anything with it, like re-update the firmware (its also on the latest v5.2.738). I think it is time for a new S2IPA, unless someone else has any ideas to try?

So today I hooked the S2IPA up to my old router and viewed the router logs. They were:
Mon Jul 13 16:45:02 2020DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.0.101.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:02 2020DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 00:c0:33:0c:bb:3b.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:01 2020DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.0.101.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:01 2020DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 00:c0:33:0c:bb:3b.
Mon Jul 13 16:45:00 2020DHCP: Client send DISCOVER.

which this same sequence repeats for the next hour I had it connected. The RESET pinhole on the S2IPA, Pentair said to hit 3 times quickly which I did and that just send the DHCP: Client Send Discover each time you hit the reset. So my problem is that the S2IPA doesn't receive and set the IP address that the router is offering. I powered on and off several times and hit the reset button, etc... still same issue. So I believe since I can't connect to it through IP then I can't do anything with it, like re-update the firmware (its also on the latest v5.2.738). I think it is time for a new S2IPA, unless someone else has any ideas to try?
I called PENTAIR tech support and they are sending me a replacement S2IPA! They were very helpful and quick to respond. I am impressed so far!!!

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.