Pentair Screenlogic Parts Confusion - Protocol Adapters and Indoor Interfaces and Outdoor Interfaces, oh my!

rdflterr

Nov 5, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Hi guys,
First post here, hope I'm doing it right.

I've inherited a pool with what I believe is a pre-installed wireless EasyTouch Control System. It comes with a wireless control and I can see on the wall near the pool equipment a little outdoor wireless transmitter. I want to see if I can buy and/or use the ScreenLogic2 system so I can control the pool from my iPhone.

The thing is, online, everything I am finding regarding the EasyTouch Control System seems to indicate that there is a wireless controller, an outdoor wireless transceiver, AND a PROTOCOL ADAPTER. The thing is I can not find the protocol adapter anywhere. It seems like the outdoor wireless transceiver is hooked up directly to the IntelliTouch Load Center. See https://advancesolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/WirelessconnectionkitIG.pdf for what I'm referring to.

I literally can not find a protocol adapter anywhere, inside or outside the house. I don't think I have one.

Is it possible my kit is ONLY the EasyTouch Wireless Control Panel and the Outdoor Transceiver? Do I need to buy a protocol adapter? Or should I keep looking for an installed one somewhere?

It seems like you can't even JUST buy the protocol adapter. Also, there seems to be references to ScreenLogic and ScreenLogic2 but I can't tell the difference between those also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!
An Easytouch Remote control system is different than the Screenlogic system. It sounds like you have a handheld remote. To add Screenlogic, you need the complete system, including its own trasmitter (antenna) as it is different than the one you have for your remote.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: rdflterr
WOW! Super fast reply - THANKS!

I have this I've just discovered - Pentair EasyTouch 8 Wireless Control 520547 - PoolSupply4Less

You're right, it looks like it doesn't have anything to do with Screenlogic. But it's also powering my only handheld/home controller.

Am I able to purchase the ScreenLogic2 system and use it in conjunction with this?

Also I don't want to drill holes through the wall - it looks like I'd have to buy a separate connection kit, but some of the postings seem to include it.

This is what I'm thinking I need - https://www.amazon.com/Pentair-522104-Screenlogic2-Interface-Connection/dp/B00N4SXR64 ?

R,

The 555104 is the kit you need.. It comes with two transceivers and the Protocol adapter, plus everything you need to connect everything together.

The wireless parts for the Pentair Remote are not the same as the wireless parts for ScreenLogic.. Both systems can work at the same time, but both systems are independent.

I suggest that you connect it to your PC and phone. Then use the PC to set it up and program things.. With the PC you get screens like this...

View media item 1963

Much better that want you can get on a lame phone.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

• Love
Reactions: rdflterr
Thank you guys SO MUCH for such detailed responses, I really appreciate it! I'm fairly handy, I'm going to give it a go to install it myself as it looks like it just requires attaching to the Comm port in the control center. Cross fingers, I'll report back!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.