Pentair Screenlogic App

Machisono

Jul 5, 2021
Hawaii
Aloha All,
Iam a new pool owner and water has been in the pool for 6 weeks now. Iam awaiting the electrician to install the Pentair indoor Control panel but for now my pool guy has set up my Pentair App (Apple phone) to run the filter on a schedule of 8-5pm daily (initiated in the past 2 days). I have noticed that the pump shuts down as it should at 5pm but it doesn't start up in the morning ( I go into the app to start ). Additionally I have not been able to run my pool light from the app but the light will function in service mode. I have the Intellitouch i9+3 installed. Any help will be appreciated.
a hui ho'e

Machisono

M,

If you can, show us a screenshot of the schedules page in ScreenLogic.

I assume you have an IntelliFlo pump.. If so, when the pump is running, check to see that the display says "Display Not Active".. When the pump is off check to make sure the display is still on and that it still says Display not active.. When in the Service mode, make sure the display shows the standalone display and says "RPM" or something similar.

If you can't show us a screenshot, tell us exactly what you see on the schedules page.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I turned on the pump via the App just after 8am to verify that the schedule set is only turning pump off at 5pm.
While pump is running in Auto it does not read "Display Not Active". This is the display screen:IMG_5631.jpg
i just noticed tha t the Intelliflo pump time is off.
I then switched the Intellitouch to SVC mode and display showed:
IMG_5632.jpg

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_5631.jpg
    IMG_5631.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1
Your pump is not wired correctly. The pump should be wired directly to a breaker. It is currently wired through the Filter relay.

Get the installer to properly hook up your system.

Have them check your Intellichlor. The transformer for the Intellichlor is to be wired through the Filter relay so it only get power when that relay is engaged.

The light transformer needs to be wired through a relay. Then a circuit function needs to set up for them indicating they are lights.
I am curious on the Intellitouch. It is an old system. Was this just installed new?

Aloha mknauss,
all brand new equipment, we filled the pool approximately 6 weeks ago and I am pushing the contractors' to complete the install of the Indoor control panel (need to run the Comm line from house to equipment room). I want to switch over to a salt system now that the Hydrazzo has been "cured"
On another note, I have been reading about the Intelliph system that will automate the flow of muratic acid into the system, do you have any thoughts on adding this to my system?

Mahalo nui loa (thank you much)
joe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some folks have the IntellipH and like it. I just add acid when necessary. I would think with the amount of rain you get your pH would be fairly stable once the plaster cures.

M,

As Marty pointed out, the pump is not wired correctly..

If the pump's display does not say "Display Not Active", it is not talking to the Automation. My guess is that the pump is running as a standalone pump and is not set up yet to be controlled by the IntelliTouch system.. Is there even a cable between the pump's control head and the IntelliTouch?? (Not the power cable)..

I would not buy an ipH until you have run the salt system for a year and see what things are like.. 95% of the pool owners do not need an acid pump.

I suspect that your lights do not turn on when using the app, because they have never been set up.. I assume to turn the lights on when in the Service mode, you are pushing the appropriate Aux button. The button and relay are hard-wired.. For the app to work, the IntelliTouch needs to know which relay, or relays, to close.

Show me this circuits set up page.. It will be similar to this one for my system... You can see where my light is assigned to Aux 1.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.