Pentair salt cell power center

scubadon

Mar 15, 2019
dominica
Good day all.

First time on and post with TFP. Looking forward to a lot of good info here.

I'm down in the Caribbean island of Dominica (no, not Dominican Republic. lol) A friend asked me to take a look at his ichlor 15 unit as it stopped producing SC. (I'm using the intelichlor 40)

First thing I see is that NO lights are present on the cell and when I go into the power centre with my meter, the transformer is wired directly to the centre's plug that feeds the cell itself. in other words i'm getting the step down of 30VAC being sent to the cell. D'oh!!!! I'm not seeing any DC rectifier in the power cell???? This particular power center was installed by the islands only "pool" centre after Hurricane Maria kicked our butts back in Sept 2017. I find myself giving my head a shake at what is missing from the power center and am looking for confirmation or guidance on my suspicions. please see picture attached...…………………..Where the truck is the DC suppose to come from?????? haha

Thanks for any and all assistance

Don
pentair power center.JPG

Scubadon, hello! :wave: I see your post/question has been sitting for quite some time with no action. Did you ever get an answer or get everything resolved? If not, please let us know and we'll keep bumping this thread to keep it active. Have a nice day. :swim:

S,

Well, it turns out the IC15 is different from all the other IntelliChlor SWCGs...

The IC15 came with a plug in the wall "brick" that just reduces the 120 VAC input to 24 VAC at 4 amps output.. In other words, the IC15 runs off of AC volts, while all the other IntelliChlor cells work off of a DC voltage.

Here is the IC15 install manual.. https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...5_Installation_Users_Guide_English_French.pdf

So, what looked so bad a first glace is not... :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Good day guys and thanks for the replies.

Jim. the confusion is see here is that this unit is the IChlor15, not intellichlor 15, (I suspect the pool service guy here may have made that same mistake ) too many options out there!! lol. I've attached a couple snips here so you can see what I encountered.

The unit appears to be fried, which is fine I suppose as my friend is going to revamp the whole pump/filter/SWG set up. I'll start a little thread about that in a moment.

ichlor 15 pic.PNGichlor 15 power pac.PNG

Keep swimmin'

Don

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.