Porter ranch CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have brand new pool with painter quad de80 filter since August of 2018 and everything been great. I been maintaining filters and cleaning adding new de any ways log story short yesterday It was time to do the filters again so I opened the filter took out the filters and cleaned and was he them with hose as always cleaned out tank lubed o rings and cleaned the grid and put everything back and added de perfectly normal when I stomp pump and wait a little and restart the beginning startup when little bubble come up in return and pumps priming and done it pushes out de for like 30 sec and does this al the time since yesterday . I replaced the filter thinking it might be defective same this the bleeder rod nd mesh int he system replaced it same I check all connections nothing diff then what I'm always use to I can't think of what else is going on

One of the cartridges or the top manifold is not seated properly. There is also an o-ring in the bottom manifold assembly where it connects to the bottom outlet pipe (they are two pieces). You need to lift up on the bottom manifold to pull it free from the outlet pipe, clean it off and lube the o-ring. You also need to ensure all of the cartridges are fully seated to the top and bottom manifolds (bang on them lightly with a rubber mallet) and then I would stretch out the top spring as it can get compressed a bit. If your backwash valve is the push/pull type, you need to open that up, pull the handle out, clean it and lube up the three large o-rings.

I don't have backwash valve just drain valve on the return .I checked the gaskets and bring look ok but maybe I should;d change it just of the heck of it I replace the filters and the ai breather . I leaning more toward the top manifold cover . I have question for you snd I really appreciate your help your answer .the pic white pipe are those not suppose to be glued to manifold case they aren't and they come off but I think the problem resides in the top cover and maybe even bottom but these are suppose to be robust its not even a yea told . I properly seated them pushed it down again when I start the good 20 to 30 sec among of de and come back in to pool like dirty cloud . but ill open and take look again I noticed the filter have 4 tinny holes none sided it matter where they go top or bottom position Ibeen cleaning this system since August and never had issue till yestreday

Last edited by a moderator:
so basically I opened it up for the 4th time and inspected everything on the filter and seals and o rings and all checked out ok
1. filters brand new
2. breather pipe and mesh brand new
3. the o rings are original 6 months old not issues

I left with top and bottom manifold and half Rear cheap design white pvc pipe that go into the manifold and the top cap that I can think of everything else is good

as soon as I add the second scoop of de it goes right back into the pool . Water ever is it is on the filter side and look like some malfunctioning part because up until Friday everything worked well until I cleaned the filters and put them back . never had this issue . its a brand new pool with 6 month old equipment =( I can't think of anything else but to call panteir tomorrow . bottom of the pool is all de for now

I hate this new style filter its so cheaply made I like the old school 6 grids simple setup not cheap garden pic pipes going in the middle and air weather that get pushed over few times of use bad designed manifold and housing

So I replaced the complete filter quad de80 except
The top grid that goes on top ! everything else is new and still im Getting D.E. at startup prime a good 40 sec of it coming back then it cleared and then I let it sit for 10 min start it back up and same ??

I called panteir warranty and they send a guy out told me his never diver something like thi. in 25 years. I think she not professional and hasn’t ruled out all the what if’s. I did some testing and noticed when I turn off the system the de gets back I tot the filter basket but I do have a check valve before the filter which is ok but still there is D.E. in the line and filter. I only out 8 pounds which is the recommendation I don’t get it it’s not like I over loaded the de it’s brand new filter
?‍♂️I don’t know it’s possessed I guess I’m out of ideas and possibility’s.

Last edited:
So I replaced the complete filter quad de80 except
The top grid that goes on top ! everything else is new and still im Getting D.E. at startup prime a good 40 sec of it coming back then it cleared and then I let it sit for 10 min start it back up and same ??

I called panteir warranty and they send a guy out told me his never diver something like thi. in 25 years. I think she not professional and hasn’t ruled out all the what if’s. I did some testing and noticed when I turn off the system the de gets back I tot the filter basket but I do have a check valve before the filter which is ok but still there is D.E. in the line and filter. I only out 8 pounds which is the recommendation I don’t get it it’s not like I over loaded the de it’s brand new filter
?‍♂️I don’t know it’s possessed I guess I’m out of ideas and possibility’s.
Did you ever find out what was going on with your Quad filter? I am on the fence between this DE and Waterways. I hope all worked out for you!

I believe it to be the worst filter in the market because of a bad design.. (Edited by Jim R to prevent deleting..).

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just as a heads up, OP has had multiple posts denied in this thread due to rule violations. They appear to just want to rant and not have a meaningful conversation. So, I would not hold your breath on waiting for further discussion or photographic evidence.

we
Maybe the filter was not plumbed correctly. Do you have a picture?
not it was i checked the setup my self I know the new decide has inlet on top and outlet on the bottom. I've talked to lot of pro builders and the all steer away from the quad cartridges and there on same boat as me and also say the filter material is not proper foe de and it won capture until you run the system for a week until it finally builds some tinny layer and dirt to not bypass anymore until then you need to vacuum it out or let the water cycle it out and dont ut more then 3 scoops 8 or 7 pounds is a waste and ill ps the pictures soon so you guys can see after 4 days of running no stop noting stick to the grids

S,

In all your interactions with Pentair about your filter problems, you must have taken at least one picture of your old Quad filter... We would like to see it.. We would like to see how the pump is connected to the filter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

you would think after 3 days of running the filter it would be stuck to the grids and never even got there the filters are still brand new and Crud is all on the bottom dont try to prove me worng butt I'm engineer I had Pentair out at my house and they was in ahh and couldn't even troubleshoot it the made a joke and said my system is poltergized

and. told that a not funny man you guys are suppose to be pros and after I did many research and sleepless night of digging deeper I came across 15 more people wth same issues and same setup same symptoms and I send there documentation and frustration nd videos to them as well because they said pentair left them in the open and said we can't help you so here we are I switched to hayward 7220and no more issues 4 weeks of frustration de and vacuuming and no help from pentair out ofm pocket money call me ill guide you help you on anything pool cars electronics automation remember there is no justification to dec coming back from return it can't it need to stay behind filter unless bad filters grid manifold its bad design and cartridge filters with very le speed pumps its not even recommended they never did there homework and now there just like ahhhhhhhhh yeah you have ghost lol

Attachments

• IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Do you have any better evidence or specific examples? I know you said you were involved in some extensive testing.
call me ill tell you what I did I'm not gone waste my time here I spend 4 weeks and also helped 15 others wont he same situation as well as pool builders and maintenance guys all rely on me now I’ve gotten over 100 calls. ill give you my number ill help. Even sdp pools and npt which are the biggest plaster builder pool guys in van Nuys called me and came and saw the situation and I guided them the prooer path. It’s not rocket science it’s jay that people are use to hearing manfscturr which don’t even haven any professional tell them our system is best and your at fault nothing is the dake
Anymore nothing even tech support there all people with no experience or background in anything pools

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.