Pentair Quad D. E. Filter Installation

Seeking advice on installation since I plan to do this myself.
The filter is a Pentair Quad D.E. 100. Pool is 23,000 vinyl lined Chlorine pool.

Wanted to know if you guys would suggest adding a multi port valve or sliding valve or no valve at all if I plan to open it up to clean it each time.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Rock,

I agree with only opening and cleaning the filter, but like Pat, I would install a multiport valve just because it gives you the most options.. It would cost a little more, but I think well worth it.

Oh!! Keep posting, at this point you are up to one post a year... :cool:

Jim R.

crudsrus

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2010
Yuma AZ
The multiport valve gives you the most options. If you ever need to vacuum to waste , leaves, lots of debris, ... Slide valve is simple, but waste lots of DE during cleanups. Hopefully you'll follow TFP recommendations and never have problems.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
I don't backwash my QuadDE 100 and I don't think you will either. I simply tear it down twice a year. I have the simple plunger style backwash valve but could very easily envision myself removing it and not replacing it if it breaks or leaks. Where I live, dry desert, you try NOT to backwash or vacuum to waste as much as possible because water costs money.

I know of at least one QuadDE guy that purchased the MPV but never installed it. I think it's a waste of money and just one more thing to spring a leak or need fixing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Yes I don't post much but I can't tell you how much knowledge I have gained from this site or how many times I have shared it over the years.
This is the only site I trust when it comes to pool anything.

Thanks so much for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and since I live on the east coast and from time to time we do get a lot of rain and lowering the pool is a frequent event I plan to install the MPV.

Tropical storms and just sometimes rain in general seems to come and not stop so for that reason alone I can see the benefits.

Thanks again.