Pentair PS4 Panel Comm Probs???

I think you have a bad cell.

Check the voltage on the black and red wires going into the cell cable connector on the bottom of the power center.

Ok I got my meter out and I got the following readings:
2.1vdc
2.7vdc
28vdc
Looks like I am shopping for a new cell 8-(

I might need to get an electrician to go over my equipment setup grounding/bonding. My heater chiller is also misbehaving the fan is slow to start and fan motor overheats. Maybe I am paranoid but I'd rather be sure. Any pool tech / electricians in the Little Rock area.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Why are your wires hooked up this way? Unless you have the same mismatched wiring in the SCG power supply (can't tell from the other pic you shared) you should have red (+15v) in the red slot/far left, all the greens in the green slot/2nd from right, and the ground (black) in the black slot/far right. Sending power down the data cables could fry your rs485 chips.

1658036478022.png

Why are your wires hooked up this way? Unless you have the same mismatched wiring in the SCG power supply (can't tell from the other pic you shared) you should have red (+15v) in the red slot/far left, all the greens in the green slot/2nd from right, and the ground (black) in the black slot/far right. Sending power down the data cables could fry your rs485 chips.

View attachment 437035

That is what I wondered but it has been working for years without issues so I haven't messed with it. Going to order a new cell as I truly can't live without. I'm not going to use liquid chlor like dang cave man...

Maybe he was colorblind..
IMG_6738.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: tagyoureit
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.