Pentair Motor Replacement

bws1105

Feb 16, 2019
Texas
Hello,
Long time pool owner, but first time visitor. After 12 years my Pentair pool pump stopped working. I had recently put a new to me Pentair Intelliflo VS drive 353251 (2nd generation) drive on it and everything was working fine. Then one day I came out and the pool wasn't running. The screen of the drive was still lit up and looked like it always had, but the motor wasn't working at all. I went to my local pool supply store and they told me I could just replace the motor, so I bought a new Pentair PF Intel 350105S motor. I got all the parts changed over and the motor mounted back to the pump and the drive remounted to the motor and everything wired up the way it was originally. When I put power to it the screen blinked off and on a few times but nothing ever displayed. Then there was a click or a pop in the drive and everything went black.

Now nothing is working. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Bill

Welcome to TFP.

You think you wired everything the way it was orginally. Chances are you didn’t. Go back and check your wiring carefully. Hard to do when you don’t have a good pump for reference. Post some pics here of the wiring internals and maybe someone familiar with it will spot the problem.

Thank you for the welcome and the reply.

The only wiring involved is the ground and the line 1 and line 2 for the 220. From what I understand the doesn’t matter if the red is on L1 or L2 and the same for the black. I am 90% sure the way they are in the photo is how they were originally.

Attachments

• AC62639E-73BF-4459-84F1-50FFDE317D6A.jpeg
    AC62639E-73BF-4459-84F1-50FFDE317D6A.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 10
Could be infant mortality. Return it to the store and see what they say.

Yes that is what I am hoping so I can return the motor.

Another question, has anyone bought a pump from amazon with the extended watantee? If so did you end up having. To use it and was it as easy as they make it sound?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.