Pentair microbrite to globrite niche adapter

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
So it looks like #1 (replace globrite with microbrite and adapter) is my only option... aside from taking a 200 lumen hit in brightness, am I just swapping one problem for another or are the microbrites actually more reliable and may be I will get more than 2 years before they fail????

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
am I just swapping one problem for another or are the microbrites actually more reliable and may be I will get more than 2 years before they fail????

The Microbrites seem to last longer then the GloBrites but folks have had Microbrites fail in a few years also.

None of the color LED pool lights from Jandy, Pentair, or Haywood have very good reliability. And when they fail they are expensive to replace. Which is why I still have the basic white incandescent lights in my pool. I don;t run them enough to care about the electrical usage. And when a buld bunrs out it is an inexpensive repair. To me the wow of having a pool light up with colors at night is not worth the costs of the LED lights. YMMV.

Turbo1Ton

Gold Supporter
Dec 26, 2019
NE Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
That's the only option if you want the color schemes to match your automation.

My lights are on every night. They've been on every night since my PB programmed my Intellicenter. I love the ambiance that it provides, seeing them. I get that some people don't care about it. I know they are not the most reliable but I am hoping that the 3 lights I have provide enough light once I switch over to the microbrites after the Globrites go out of warranty.

--Jeff

harrat

Apr 18, 2022
Phoenix
I just noticed that Sunseeker has a small face nicheless light as well as the large face.

I'm thinking about replacing all 3 of my lights with sunseekers. A big face one in the deep end of the pool for the extra light, and then small face ones in the spa and step. I'm assuming the small face one has less brightness than the larger face one. I have a question out to their Support. I think I'll want to ask to make sure the colors are matching between large and small face as well.

I have a pentair intellicenter and I'm fine with ditching the built in light automation. I use poolcontroller and hubitat to automate things and use voice recognition to control the pool. I feel like I should be able to work out using automation to translate the light modes of Sunseeker away from pentair. Wish there was someone making a light that made sense. Color changing LEDs are so standard in the home, but Pool companies like Pentair are riding out their captive audiences rather than get something that would be easy to control from anything/anywhere like the rest of technology.

Reactions: Turbo1Ton