dupridog

Jul 13, 2020
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Background: I've got 4 pentair microbrite color LED (12v) lights in my setup - 3 are in the pool and are powered by a separate 300w transformer. 1 light is in the spa, powered by a separate 100w transformer. I've got an EasyTouch control system w/ScreenLogic. Pool is just under 2 years old.

I noticed one night last week that one of the pool lights (deep end) looked like a dim green while the other two were blue. I cycled thru the colors and noticed the white was a bit off/dim, while the green/red looked fine. If I set to purple, the one in the deep end looks red. I also noticed that the Spa color was different than the Pool color (the Pool was the color I selected in ScreenLogic). For instance, if I select green, the Pool lights will turn green while the Spa will turn blue.

I'm thinking the one bulb in the pool is bad, but would that affect the syncing of the light color from pool to spa? I've verified that the settings on the EasyTouch are intact (Circuit set to Intellibrite, Light config set to 'White' and 1st position for both Spa and Pool light). I also popped open the transformers and verified there were no loose connections, etc).

I just want the lights to always be the same color that I select (just as they have been for the 2 years since I built the pool).

I will attach photos to this post.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1725.jpeg
    IMG_1725.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 7
The deep end light probably has a colored LED that is not working.

Make a warranty claim with Pentair. You may have a 3 year warranty on your Pentair products if you bought enough of them in a bundle and your builder properly registered them.

The deep end light probably has a colored LED that is not working.

Make a warranty claim with Pentair. You may have a 3 year warranty on your Pentair products if you bought enough of them in a bundle and your builder properly registered them.

Thanks for the reply ajw22 - Would that one LED throw off the sync with the Spa?

Thanks for the reply ajw22 - Would that one LED throw off the sync with the Spa?

Dunno. You may have more then one problem.

If under warranty let someone look at both problems.

I just had a warranty repair completed on one of my Microbrites that turned green. Now that I’ve replaced that one I notice the one in my Baja shelf is also green-is. I wonder if I got a COVID batch of these - the quality seems to be low for the LEDs in these Microbrites.80DE8EA8-C184-4D4D-9A82-B326C0B32909.jpeg

:goodjob:

FP is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is kept online by user donations. . Please consider donating at Support TFP!.

I had the same problem. It was replaced under warranty and now works fine.

I'm not impressed with the reliability of MicroBrites. I have 5 in my pool and I've had to replace three of them in the last 18 months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.