Pentair MasterTemp 400NA dead , Aqualink Control Panel Heater button does not light up.

darshvader

May 24, 2021
Dallas TX
I am new pool owner. Pool & Equipment are 9 years old.

Background to the problem: I replaced the Spa/Heater Jandy actuator which was bad. But did not place it right. Water was not going into the Spa or Heater. Turned on the Spa and Heater and after sometime noticed the spa jets were not working and Heater had turned off. Tried to turn on the heater several times. It would come ON and after a few seconds, temp reading would shoot upto 126 , shudder and stop. Happened about 3 times before I realized something was wrong and turned off everything. Had a pool guy come over and help me fix the jandy actuator. Spa is working now but the Heater button light on the aqualink DOES NOT turn off and there is no power on the heater LEDs. The pool guys says the control board is bad.

What I tried so far : Opened & Inspected the fuse. Seems to be OK ( no break in the filament ).

Next Steps: I read a few threads on TFP and figured out I need to test the voltage across the fireman's switch. I am going to buy a multimeter and test for 24V.

Question: Does anyone have any insight what could have happened ? What would be my next steps if I can get 24V across the Fireman's switch ? Or if I dont get 24V ?

Thanks in advance.

Aqualink Control Panel Heater button does not light up.​

the aqualink DOES NOT turn off and there is no power on the heater LEDs.

Which is it? Aqualink heater button does not turn on or off?

The pool guys says the control board is bad.

Which control board does he think is bad? Aqualink or heater?

Question: Does anyone have any insight what could have happened ? What would be my next steps if I can get 24V across the Fireman's switch ? Or if I dont get 24V ?

Disconnect the wire at the Firemans Switch going to the Aqualink. Connect a short jumper wire to the Firemans Switch terminals. Now you have the heater in local control.

Run the heater from its control panel and report what it does.

Let's get the heater running in local control and then we can figure out the Aqualink remote control.

Which is it? Aqualink heater button does not turn on or off?
Yes, the Aqualink heater button does not turn ON
Which control board does he think is bad? Aqualink or heater?
Aqualink board.

Disconnect the wire at the Firemans Switch going to the Aqualink. Connect a short jumper wire to the Firemans Switch terminals. Now you have the heater in local control.
Will try it and report back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.