Pentair light upgrade to color changing LED

Dadthepoolboy

Jan 12, 2018
Frisco TX
Good Morning,

I recently moved into a home with a pool. I noticed that the glass lens was removed from the pool light housing. I found a brand new Pentair pool light w/ cord (P/N 78458100) boxed in the garage. The specs are as follows: AM SS 500W 120V 50'. There was also a small bulb and a Magic Lighting Remote Controller. The remote does not appear to be brand new. As for the bulb, I am unsure.

My goal is to install a Color changing LED bulb into this housing. However, I'm not sure what bulbs are compatible. I would prefer another remote option as I do not want to wire a controller. Or if the lights cycled thru colors that would also be ok. My pool is about 15K gallons. Based off of the light housing location, I would assume a wide projection bulb would look best. Any suggestions for bulb replacement? Or do I need to purchase another light assembly. If so, what do yall recommend? Thanks

InyoRob

Feb 27, 2017
Longwood/FL
The Pureline Pure Colors PL5809 would fit in your Pentair fixture and light up the pool. This is a 120v color changing LED bulb. It does not have a remote option but it will cycle through the colors by itself. You can also toggle the pool light switch to flip through the different colors and light shows.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.